if you wanna get high kid, just open your eyes

>> Friday, April 23, 2010

I've spent the last few days happily dissecting new albums by my favourite bands. They all write great music with clever, reference-heavy lyrics - which I love - but sometimes it's nice to kick back and just listen to fun music. So I've been listening to this band Free Energy over the past couple of weeks and they make me really excited for summer. Not that they aren't clever or have intelligent lyrics...it's just that they are also really fun.

This song makes me wish I was in high school again, cruising around in someone's car with the windows down. Straightforward fun power pop-rock.

Free Energy - Free Energy (yes, the band named a song after themselves or named themselves after a song, I don't know).

Said some guy at RCRDLBL about the track Dream City: "If for some reason you're having a BBQ or hugging someone you love this holiday weekend, play this song. Please."

bonne fin de semaine mes amis!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

this here ma blog.

I like to talk about things I have no particular expertise in. Especially music.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP