be the light in my lantern

>> Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Those who live are those who fight - Victor Hugo

(I thought I'd give the epigram thing a go)

Sometimes it's Tuesday morning and there are 43 days in the week but only 8 in the month, know what I mean? Some days I need a little help to get the fight in me.

Some of my faves:

Wolf Parade - Shine a Light
Bruce Springsteen - No Surrender
Constantines - Nighttime/Anytime (It's Alright)
The Killers - Read My Mind
The Gaslight Anthem - Wherefore Art Thou, Elvis?
The Hold Steady - Constructive Summer (can't beat the positive jams)
Titus Andronicus - A More Perfect Union
Josh Ritter - Lantern

I could have posted any number of songs by these guys (except the Killers, because I am pretty sure that is their only really good song) but these will do for this particular day.

(This would also be a good playlist for a run.)

Oddly enough, the album Fight Songs by a band I have loved (and may still) contains no real fight songs, at least none that quite did it for me.

What are your personal fight songs?

1 comments:

Ramk Chardri June 14, 2010 at 9:30 PM  

Fight the good fight, B.

Arcade Fire - Tunnels

Bob Marley - So much trouble in the world

Great Lake Swimmers - Pulling on a line

Post a Comment

About This Blog

this here ma blog.

I like to talk about things I have no particular expertise in. Especially music.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP